Conditions of Mediation is a preconference of the International Communication Association’s 2013 Annual Conference. Preconference registration will therefore be administered centrally through the ICA main conference website.
The standard preconference registration is US$130 (£85 approximately). On a first-come basis, we will also be making available up to 25 student rebates of 50% off the standard registration fee (see below for details on claiming one of these limited rebates).
To register, you must follow these steps:
- Visit the ICA main conference registration facility
- Unless you are an ICA member, you will need to create an ICA record. Under ‘Record Search’ enter your name
- If you find no pre-existing record for yourself, you are then able to select ‘Create New Profile’
- Once you have created a profile, you can either join ICA as a new member’ (this would useful for those planning to also register for the main conference as it gives you access to a reduced rate), or if you don’t want to become an ICA member, you can simply register for the preconference as a non-member by clicking ‘Register for Any Conference Event’ at the bottom of the page
- Conditions of Mediation is listed as ‘PC8’ on the long list of registration items related to the ICA conference
For registrants seeking to claim a 50% student rebate:
- Complete the registration process outlined above
- Forward proof of your registration (e.g. the confirmation email you will be send by ICA after registering for the preconference) to Scott Rodgers at firstname.lastname@example.org
- After the event, you will be contacted by Birkbeck administrative staff who will provide you with a reimbursement form to claim back 50% of the standard registration fee
Note that the ICA conference website will only process online registrations until end of day on 11 June 2013.